Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Towel Talk (Again!)

Strangely enough, I have another towel story to share. I wonder if it is possible to have a special kind of obsessive/compulsive condition specific to towels only? If so, I may be a sufferer!

Anyway, on the weekend we visited White Water World at Dreamworld. At one point, I was lounging on a deckchair (I know, what was I thinking being so unproductive?). Nearby, a father and his two daughters had come back from the slides to dry off and pack up for the day. I happened to overhear one of the teenage girls comment, "This towel is so observant", as she wrapped the towel around herself. Her father paused for a moment, not quite sure what she had said. The penny dropped a few seconds later, and he replied, "I think you might mean 'absorbent'." Unfazed, his daughter, shrugged her shoulders and laughed, happy enough to be corrected, but not overly concerned by her malaproprism.

It was a cute moment and, as they wandered off, I had a quiet chuckle to myself.

http://www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment