Sunday, March 29, 2009

Paper Caper

Yesterday, my daughter and I had a day at the shops, specifically driven by her current obsession with Smiggle stationery and the sale the store was having.

Upon our arrival at the shopping centre, we made a beeline for the Smiggle store, where she spent quite a while browsing and making very important decisions about her purchases. I passed the time looking at their range of folders and cards. A colourfully striped pack of manilla folders caught my eye and I picked them up to check the price. I had to have a little giggle to myself as the pricing label stated - foolscrap folders. The tiny spelling error, an unnecessary "r" in foolscap, certainly altered my perception of the possible quality of the folders.

Do I need to say that I walked out of the store without having purchased that particular item?

http://www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment