Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Must Apologise!

To my dear blog readers,

Please accept my sincere apologies for my 'silence' for the past 48 hours. I went out on a mid-week evening to the theatre! I know, I know - what was I thinking? Of course there were quite a number of other things I could have been doing - marking student drafts, washing my children's school uniforms, preparing a decent meal for my family, or, of course, writing in my blog (once again, please forgive!) - but I decided to put these out of my mind and enjoy my excursion.

We saw a play, "The White Earth", from the novel by Andrew McGahan of the same name. Our bookclub read the novel about eighteen months ago and decided, in lieu of our monthly meeting for March, we would go together to see the play. It was wonderful and powerful, everything live theatre should be. I experienced goose-bumps, fright (the kind that makes you literally jump in your seat), sadness and laughter at various different stages in the play.

The main character, an eight year old boy, was played by a 30-something woman and she was incredibly believable in the role. The entire cast was excellent and brought a very complex story to the stage most authentically.

At the end of this week, "The White Earth" will finish its season, but, last night, it played to a full and appreciative house, as it has done apparently since the season began. Its success is thoroughly deserved. While I missed writing my blog, I hope you can accept my excuse.

http://www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment