Thursday, April 9, 2009

Twilight Tension

There is a tense stand-off occurring in our household at present, revolving around the 'Twilight' series and the happy relationship I have enjoyed, up until now, with my daughter.

I mentioned a while ago that I had 'Twilight', the first book in the series (as if you need to be told this!), sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read, at my daughter's recommendation. The problem which exists now is that I have read 'Twilight', then 'New Moon' and have caught up to my daughter so that we are both sharing a copy of 'Eclipse'.

As you would appreciate, this is a sticky situation. I have employed all of my negotiating skills to no avail. The only time I have been able to get my hands on the book is after she has fallen asleep at night or before she wakes up in the morning. She has insisted I am NOT ALLOWED to overtake her in reading the series, but, as the two bookmarks sitting in 'Eclipse' attest, I have ignored her command. I know I could be dicing with death to so blatantly go against the awesome might of a 12 year old's will. Such is my fascination with the story, I am willing to take the risk.

Right now, in fact, is my chance! She has a friend over for the day and is suitably distracted. What am I thinking to be sitting here writing my blog, when it's the perfect opportunity to conduct a stealth mission into her bedroom. If you don't hear from me again, assume the worst...

http://www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment