Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wedding MC Jitters

This Saturday, my little brother is getting married to his lovely fiance. I'm sure they are both feeling a few pre-wedding jitters, which will increase as the day draws nearer. However, I would like everyone to spare a thought for me as we lead up to the wedding, as I've been asked to act as Master of Ceremonies for the reception. Am I nervous? The answer is 'yes'. Am I excited? Once again, 'yes'.

I have spent some time lately contemplating my approach to the MC role. This has included research via the internet, where I have learned the following - use some humour, keep it clean and classy, and don't write everything out word for word to avoid sounding very rehearsed and stilted. Fortunately, I am limited to about a 5 minute time frame for my introduction and, while I have threatened my family with dramatic skits, interpretive dance and a retelling of my own personal love journey, I feel like I have come up with a reasonable approach to the evening. At this stage, I can't divulge what that approach is - it will be a secret until the night - but I'll keep you posted with how it goes.

www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au

2 comments:

  1. The interpretive dance was going well until you tried to backflip off the bridal table and pulled a hamstring. Apart from that I'd give your MC performance a 10 out of 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem! Thank you very much. I really enjoyed the night and was excited to see that the love torch was a hit...

    ReplyDelete