Friday, July 31, 2009

Scooter Boy

My son is currently obsessed by all things scooter-related. He has my husband trawling the Gold Coast each weekend checking out skateparks and giving them a road-test. The result is that the whole family is becoming familiarised with a whole new world of terminology - half pipes, quarter pipes, sketchy drops, yak wheels and trolley bars - to name a few.

The latest angle to his obsession came in the form of a question he asked me earlier this evening. I was telling the kids about the family pet dog we had growing up. Her name was 'Half-pint' (because she was smaller than a pint of milk). Anyway, my son had to double-check with me that my memory wasn't 'sketchy' and that her name might have been 'Half Pipe' instead!
I think he secretly hoped that the family scooter fascination had kicked in a generation or two ago!

www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment