Monday, May 25, 2009

Forget About Twitter - How About "Mutter"?

I've just had an idea! Now that Monday is almost over and my brain is warming up to the demands of the week, take a moment to consider this. For all those out there in cyberworld addicted to Twitter, how about a version especially for Mondays - 'Mutter'? I think this could be the perfect reflection for how many of us operate on a Monday. We're not exactly chirping about the place like happy little birds on the first day back of the traditional working week...or...is that just me? 'Mutter' could be a more introspective process - perhaps in response to the question - 'what are you thinking?', rather than the Twitter question, 'what are you doing?'. In this way, 'Mutter' would encompass much more fittingly the types of utterances with which workers greet the first day of the week.

While this writer is far too delicate to repeat many of the 'mutters' I have heard over the years from colleagues and friends as symptomatic of their Mondayitis, here are a few more sanitised mutters:

* Must remember to put Lotto in this week...
* If I can just get some coffee on the way to work...
* Why does it have to be sunny today?
* Is that a tickly throat I can feel?
* Why is that person looking so happy?
* Where did I save that file I was working on last Friday?
* I'm sure the bus was running ahead of schedule this morning...
* I bet there are no parking spaces left.
* I knew I should have caught up over the weekend.

You get the idea. Nothing too doom and gloom. More than anything, just the low level negativity of grizzling and whining, the kind of comments you really don't need to hear as you try to begin your own week. Actually, 'Mutter' could have a further benefit too. Instead of people moping around making comments like the above and dragging everyone else around them down into misery, they could 'Mutter' online and get it off their chest virtually!

Okay, I better go and make contact with the big guys of the cyberworld before I go to bed. If I leave it for tomorrow, it'll be Tuesday and the opportunity to 'Mutter' will be lost - that is, until next Monday rolls around!

http://www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au/

1 comment: