Thursday, June 4, 2009

Powerpoint Tips - Simple is Best

Here are some tips to keep your powerpoint presentation simple, yet effective:

* Label each slide with a clear heading which indicates the key focus of the slide
* Under the heading, use bullet points and phrases rather than lengthy sentence
* Include no more than six points per slide
* Consider using progressive disclosure (animation) so that your listeners focus on one point at a time
* Each point should be no more than 8-10 words in length
* Allow 15-20 seconds scan time for each slide
* Time slide changes for approximately every 40-60 seconds to maintain audience interest
* Leave a decent sized top, bottom, left and right margin or you may lose parts of your text

www.wordwriteforsuccess.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Hi Catherine, thank you for following my blog. Im now following you too, this is just so interesting. I shall pop back regularly.

    Susie
    I Just Love That Fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Susie. I'm glad to hear you find my blog of interest. If there's anything in particular you'd like to know more about, just let me know.
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete